Saturday, June 26, 2010

A sharp mind is sexy


Now most of the time I write about where you can get some great shopping bargains.   However I want to detour and talk about what makes a mind sexy.  Intelligence.  How many of you feel that now that we have kids we have lost brain cells?  They have found in studies that women's brains do change from pregnancy and maybe just dealing with kids daily antics. I love to do things to keep my self sharp.  I do sudoku, and I read.  I love to read.  Today I wrote a post at Junkfoodkids about getting kids to read this summer.  I have reading many books this summer.  The Lost Symbol.  I really enjoyed this book I have also read  Angels and Demons and the Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.  The Lost Symbol was great.  A very fast read and as always very interesting.  There is even a cliff hanger in the book the keeps you reading and thinking "did this really just happen?"


Another book I read this summer was The Secret  I love this book because I truly believe in the power of thought and positive thinking.  If you are struggling with  
something negative in your life you need to pick this up and give it a read.  It is a quick read  and has lots of motivating stories.  This is definitely  a recommended read.

One book I have read lately it was a bit unusual Some GirlsThis was very different from other books I have read. This is about a girl who ends up in the Harem of a prince.  I found it interesting to read about something that I knew nothing about.  I found my self wanting to understand why she made the choices she made.  If you are looking for something different to read this would be something to look over. 

I have been reading a lot so I have one more book to add that I just finished as well. Apocalypse 2012  This book tells about the toltec, mayan , and Aztec cultures.  How they ended.  At least this is the authors tale.  It is very graphic novel and at times a little shocking. This has some interesting history and a bit disturbing at how evil humans can behave.

The new book I am planning to read soon is Escaping The Tiger .  My friend wrote this book and I am really looking forward to reading her story. 







I hope you find one of these books interesting.  leave a comment and let me know what you have read lately. 

No comments: